Saturday, March 28, 2009

Writing Again

My wife was gracious enough to give me a break in our re-nesting process so that I could have sufficient time for novel writing. I have completed the rework of the first novel in the series, "Colorado Crossfire" and half of the second, "Children's Crossfire".

I have had a revelation from the other authors and soon-to-be authors in the local branch of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) group. The local group is Idahopewriters.com and I was able to attend their first annual conference in January of this year. Learned a lot and hopefully have grown more proficient in my writing. For those of you who are in the writing world I am tweeking my novels (13 in the series so far) for POV and show-don't-tell.

The POV (point-of-view) aspect helps to clarify who is speaking and prevents any omnicient text (where I tell the reader of things that the character could not possibly know). The Show-Don't-Tell reduces the amount of descriptive text that isn't generated by a character in the novel.

I am working up a "Crossfire Series Cast of Characters" which will include my idea of what the main characters in each book look like and a bio of their history. This is a lot of fun and adds to the storyline. Eventually I am going to encourage enough readers to submit photos of themselves (if they think they are a good representation of a character) so that I can actually present a real cast of characters. More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. I finaly found you!! I am so excited. It took me forever to figure out how to create a google account and then have time to do it!! are you going to send me that book?

    ReplyDelete